Hopewell's Department of Economic Development is designed to promote the City as a business location for domestic and international companies and organizations and to assist those businesses already located in Hopewell.
The Office's emphasis is on individual attention, while providing a variety of free and confidential services. The staff prepares individualized proposals for businesses and packages services to meet their needs: for example, market information, site location, project development assistance, transportation assistance and exploration of workforce readiness initiatives. The staff serves to be a liaison, assisting locating businesses with introductions to city officials, business leaders, and to identify support services to assist new businesses, relocating or expanding existing businesses."
Lookup available sites and buildings
City of Hopewell General Location Map
To create a robust local economy, which attracts investment, increases the tax base, creates employment opportunities and a quality of life that is unsurpassed.
This is accomplished by developing a symbiotic relationship with the business community that supports a diverse, sustainable economic base committed to its citizens and the environment.
- Revitalize declining commercial and industrial areas and obsolete facilities through redevelopment, and rehabilitation;
- Retain and expand existing businesses and industries.
- Develop adequate infrastructure capacity to support existing and new development, including closer coordination between economic development and capital improvements programming;
- Develop sites for expansion of existing commercial and industrial uses and attraction of new establishments and projects;
- Attract industry that will enhance the local economy and is consistent with structural changes occurring in the national economy; and
- Expand visitor and tourism activity.
Contact Us @
Mr. J. Andrew "Andy" Hagy
Economic Development Director
300 North Main Street
Municipal Building (City Hall)
Second Floor, Room 216
Hopewell, Virginia 23860
PH: (804) 541-2243
Mobile: (804) 337-4614
Fax: (804) 541-2248