To create a robust local economy, which attracts investment, increases the tax base, creates employment opportunities and a quality of life that is unsurpassed. This is accomplished by developing a symbiotic relationship with the business community that supports a diverse, sustainable economic base committed to its citizens and the environment.
- Revitalize declining commercial and industrial areas and obsolete facilities through redevelopment, and rehabilitation
- Retain and expand existing businesses and industries
- Develop adequate infrastructure capacity to support existing and new development, including closer coordination between economic development and capital improvements programming
- Develop sites for expansion of existing commercial and industrial uses and attraction of new establishments and projects
- Attract industry that will enhance the local economy and is consistent with structural changes occurring in the national economy
- Expand visitor and tourism activity
Visit GovDeals to make bids on items for sale from the City.
If you are interested in being on the bidders list for the Hopewell City government, see this page for additional information.
Incentives are Virginia’s investment in its economic future and a business decision for both the Commonwealth and the company.
Economic Development and Tourism
How to Get a Business License
The Virginia Enterprise Zone program was established by the General Assembly in 1982 as a partnership between state and local government to stimulate job creation and private investment within designated areas throughout the state.
Find contact Information for the Hopewell and Prince George (HPG) Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center.
The Hopewell Downtown Partnership is dedicated to building a healthy, vibrant, and prosperous central downtown district for the Hopewell community.
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Sites & Buildings